måndag 29 juni 2015

My ever changing life

Did I tell you earlier about the winds of change? Well it seems they are carrying on ever stronger.
As I told you before, I started working as a Personal assistant for Livihop for a couple of nights per month and it is a most satisfying job. But unfortunately not enough to be able to sustain a family. Even though I have already worked more shifts then initially intended. But two weeks ago I got a phonecall from my dear friend Ronny, asking how my job situation was looking at that moment. I explained it to him of course. Then he told me he had given my telephone number to his boss and she would probably ring to me sometime during the evening. Seems they were a little short on personnel. So, at home I sat and waited and only one hour later I was called by Dala Omsorg's boss and asked if I would be interested in working in home care services for the summer? It sounded interesting and we agreed to meet on the monday after that. One day later I got asked if I could hop in for an extra night shift from sunday to monday as personal assistant. How could I refuse,........... not thinking about the meet on monday.......
But all went right and directly after my night shift I drove off to another office to talk about another job.
Views, Ideas and wishes were exchanged and about 45 minutes later I walked out with a second job.
It struck me right there and then how the odds can change over time. Here I was, after almost four years of looking and applying for  jobs, never getting anything else than just being the cleaninglady, I suddenly had two jobs I didn't even have to apply for but were sort of just handed out to me.
Simply Unbelievable.






Then there are developments at the handicraft side of my life as well. I submitted a few of my creations to a local exhibition where about 15 handicrafters show their work together. The exhibition is organised by our local Hembygdsförening (best translation I can come up with here is a Local Historical/Folklore Society ) at our Hembygdsgården (homestead sort of thing)

fairy mobile
Spring Angel


















The opening of the Exhibition was at Midsummer's Eve in combination with the celebration of that exact event. Lot's of people took the opportunity to take a peak and even though I was not present myself,  I did hear that a lot of positive comments were made on my creations. That, of course, made me happy.

But that is not all.  Ron has a co worker, who is very handy when it comes to creating things in leather. She makes the most beautiful horses saddles, but also interiors for old timer cars, purses, belts and all kinds of other things (you can look here if you're interested). She is a member of a crafts collective of nine crafts(wo)men, each with their own speciality. It is called Blå Snigel and they have a little boutique in Falun. Now Jill wants to hop off and was wondering if I might be interested in taking her place. That of course, sounds very promising. Of course she had to talk about it with the other members and to be able to show them what kind of things I create, I send her a couple of pictures.

They were received very well and thus my next move was to visit the boutique and get some answers to my questions about the how everything was functioning, what the costs would be ( running a boutique in downtown Falun is not for free I can guarantee) and so on.
After listening to what Jill told me and thinking it over for a second (didn't need much longer really) I decided I'd go for the trial membership for four months. Just to see if it meets my expectations and if I fit in the group of people that shape this collective. Of course I had to talk to the chairwoman of the collective, so I gave her a call and talked for a while. We agreed  I would start the first of august. For me it means I have a chance to show people what I create. Since I will be standing in the boutique for at least two days per month I will have near contact with the buyers. Time will tell if I will make money out of this and if it will be enough to cover the costs of the boutique. I know I will do my very best to make it a success, nothing more I can do really.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar